Argumentative Topics for College Students
- Write a clear, concise, and debatable thesis statement.
- Provide necessary facts, evidence, and background information about the topic.
- For an essay provide clear and logical transitions.
- The conclusion is not a summary of the thesis statement.
Argumentative Research Topics
First things first, what are you passionate about? See, no speech, paper, or debate will be strong or convincing enough if you don't believe in what you are saying or writing. That passion is required when you want the topic to sell itself, rather than you selling it. You can choose from current controversial events or choose a subject that has changed the way we look at society today.
- Abortion pills
- Addictive personality disorder can be overcome.
- Characteristics of a controlling personality - find the signs.
- Food from cloned animals ruled safe to eat.
- HIV Transmission statistics in the United States.
- Should animal experimentation be permitted?
- Should gender selection methods be legal?
- Diversity and homosexuality in education.
- Is there any truth to carbon dioxide poisoning?
- Is Bermuda Triangle real?
- What is the trick to black magic?
- Are the consequences of teen pregnancy scary enough to stop teens?
- Is early childhood education good?
- What are the reasons against capital punishment?
- Fear of abandonment in relationships.
- Causes of teenage drinking - Is it a new trend?
- Sexism in the workplace - fact or fabrication?
- What is the serial killer's psychology?
- What is Scientology?
- Sex education in schools - pros and cons.
- Why do people have trouble sleeping at night?
- Role and future of the social networking sites
- Are there any benefits of Bikram Yoga?
- Why is biodiversity important?
- How often can you donate plasma?
- Is the health care bill good or bad?
- Advantages of advertising on Facebook.
- Role of emotional intelligence in business.
- Nuclear power advantages and disadvantages.
- What are the signs of an abusive relationship?
- Do acupressure techniques help induce labor?
- Is there gender discrimination in the workplace?
- Do self help books for women and men actually work?
- Is schizophrenia heredity?
- Should the government have more accessible scholarships for single moms?
- What is sleep paralysis hallucinations?
- Should smoking be banned in public places?
- Advantages and disadvantages of biofuels.
- Are birth control pills effective?
- Understanding exposure and response prevention.
- Should we blame media for our eating disorders?
- Are video games good for you?
- What is an emotional affair?
- What will happen if global warming continues
Topics for Writing an Argumentative Essay or Speech
Points for Writing an Argumentative Essay on Adoption
- In open adoptions, birth parents typically demonstrate positive self-esteem related to responsible decision-making.
- The countries where children are primarily adopted from usually have inferior medical technology and limited diagnostics.
- Same-sex couples should be allowed to adopt children.
- There should be no racial/ethnic, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression restrictions for prospective adoptive parents.
Points for Writing an Argumentative Essay on Racism
- Discrimination based on a person's race or ethnicity hurts all members of the society.
- Racism is a major contributing factor in promoting terrorism.
- Contemporary racism is derived from many places, one of the most common being a person's upbringing.
- Racism in schools has always been present, but it is also enhanced by the discriminatory policies and practices that exist in schools.
Points for Writing an Argumentative Essay on Religion
- Religion vs. medicine: Jehovah's Witnesses can't be forced to undergo treatment.
- Today, more individuals use religion for therapeutic goals―asking for help only during hard times.
- Religion should not be included in school curriculum.
- Many religious people try to be good because they fear punishment from god, or in afterlife.
Points for Writing an Argumentative Essay on Plastic Surgery
- Plastic surgery only tries to mask our inner issues such as depression or jealousy, not help resolve them.
- Only victims of accidents and people born with birth defects can use plastic surgery.
- The new-found confidence after a successful surgery can strengthen your social skills.
- Plastic surgery is a way for wealthy people to spend their money.
Points for Writing an Argumentative Essay on Drug Addiction
- Rehabilitated drug addicts can return to normal social life.
- Drug addiction is caused by the lack of spirituality.
- If not for a medical circumstance, nobody should have drugs in their possession.
- Drug addiction is a voluntary decision―the more people choose to use it, the more addictive it gets.
Points for Writing an Argumentative Essay on Movies
- Books shouldn't be judged by their movies, and vice versa.
- Trailers are technically spoilers which give many of us wrong expectations from the movies.
- The best actors, like Leonardo DiCaprio, never win the Oscar.
- The movies nominated at the Cannes International Film Festival are more intellectual than the Academy Awards nominees.
Points for Writing an Argumentative Essay on Social Networks
- People who are attracted to one another online will be attracted in real life too.
- Moderate Facebook and Twitter breaks can improve a student's performance.
- The usage of color blue in most social networks' interface helps build trust.
- Sharing too much personal information on social networks is dangerous.
Points for Writing an Argumentative Essay on Celebrities
- Celebrities should be more protected from the media, and have the right to a personal life.
- Actors and actresses shouldn't be associated with their move roles.
- Celebrity worship syndrome is normal for teenagers.
- Instead of just money, celebrities should also donate their time to doing charitable work.
Well, these were some argument topics for college. As we mentioned before, pick a topic you are keen on learning more about. That way, during the research, the information you get will help you make the essay or speech more interesting.