Internet has empowered the youth to continue their education and obtain degrees that can boost their careers. Online schools for nursing are the best examples of off campus education, as every year large number of students are opting for off campus education.
Not many of us are fortunate to have received full-time college education. Many students have to drop out from college due to various constraints. Some have to start working early to support themselves and their families so they’re unable to carry on with their education. The concept of online education has come as a boon for such students, teenagers and mothers who have no time or money to get an on campus training, in their chosen area of interest.
Moreover, students all across the world are upgrading their resumes by taking variety of diploma and degree courses via the Internet. Gaining knowledge through the Internet is a great value addition to our personality and various online schools are doing their bit to make Internet education convenient and comfortable for students sitting thousands of miles away.
An Overview of Online Schools for Nursing
Nursing is one of the most competitive areas in the health care field. It stands as the only profession in the medical field that has numerous diversification. With increasing number of patients and hospitals, nurses are in high demand all across the US. Even by completing online degrees in nursing, nurses can have opportunities to work in variety of health care set ups at entry-level positions. Online schools for nursing that have made their mark in the recent few years and are known for providing high quality service and teaching, have been mentioned below.
Most Popular Online Nurse Schools
- University of Phoenix
- Kaplan University
- Grand Canyon University
- Walden University
- Colorado Technical University
- Liberty University
- Capella University
- American Sentinel University
- Georgetown University
- Brandman University
- University of Illinois – Chicago
- Keiser University
- Independence University
- National American University
- Indiana State University
- Colorado Christian University
Most Popular Nursing Degree Programs
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing
- Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- MBA Healthcare Administration
Most of the above online schools for nursing are amongst the top-notch online universities in the US. University of Phoenix, for instance, is the nation’s largest online university and offers nursing level courses and degrees in various fields. It considers previous education and work experience as a criterion for candidates, for pursuing its online nursing courses.
By visiting the official websites of each of the above universities, you will be able to gather information about courses and other details regarding admission. Once you fill an introductory application form published on the websites of the above online nursing schools, an administrator will call you on the given contact number to answer your queries regarding the courses.
Benefits of Online Education
For working people, housewives, and those who can’t afford to go to college, online education is a great way to complete their education. Certainly, the value of campus education can’t be replaced by online education however, here are some obvious benefits of choosing online education.
- Conducting variety of courses online is easily manageable due to the growth and development of technology.
- With variety of learning options, students have the freedom to choose the program and testing methods that suits them the best.
- Various online schools often introduce their kids with world-class professors and guest lectures from teachers in different reputed institution all across the world.
- Online education gives the flexibility to work without having to discontinue their current job.
- Charges of online learning are less than traditional classroom education.
- Most online programs give students the liberty to study at their own pace. People who learn at their own pace can take time to grasp concepts.
- Students enrolled in same online classes are able to interact and form a network of online students from different parts of the world. This certainly improves knowledge sharing and networking amongst students.
Online schools for nursing are a great opportunity for students and people who’re unable to visit nursing colleges but have the desire to study. Before choosing an online school, ensure that you have discussed the issue with people who have knowledge about online education.