The ability to answer questions correctly and confidently ensures that you leave the right kind of impression on the interviewer. Students interested in applying to the pharmacy schools have to ensure that they get it right while answering the interview questions for a pharmacy school.
The interviews conducted by the best pharmacy schools in America are aimed at identifying the most talented and deserving candidates. Let us take a look at some of the questions that are frequently asked in these in the interviews.
Pharmacy Interview Questions
- Tell us something about yourself.
- Why do you want to become a pharmacist?
- What are the qualities that make you feel that you can be a pharmacist?
- Which pharmacy practice appeals to you and why?
- Tell us about one positive and one negative aspect about yourself.
- What according to you are the most important attributes of a pharmacist?
- Who is your role model in life?
- What are your short-term and long-term objectives?
- What made you choose our pharmacy program?
- How was your undergraduate experience?
- Can you say that you have the ability to lead from the front?
- What is the most positive aspect of pharmacy?
- Where do you see yourself in the next ten years?
- Given an opportunity, with whom will you would swap your life?
- Give us an example when you had to deal with hostile classmates/colleagues.
- How would you describe yourself when it comes to working with a team?
- What strategy do you follow when you have to make an impromptu decision?
- How would you like to be remembered?
- What approach do you have when it comes to dealing with criticism?
- If you feel that you are not properly recognized for the work that you have done, what will be your reaction?
- If you were told to go back five years, what are the changes that you would like to make to your life?
- How do you respond to pressure?
- How do you organize your daily activities?
- Do you believe that time management actually helps in better utilization of time?
- If unfortunately you are not selected this time, what will be your plan of action?
- What do you do in your free time?
- Is there anything else we should know about you?
These were some of the frequently asked questions during a pharmacy school interview. The main purpose of the pharmacy school interview is to know more about you and gauge your personality. A lot of students feel the heat while appearing for an interview, but good preparation can ensure that one is able to present himself in a right manner.
Preparing for the Pharmacy School Interview
First and foremost, you should try to be honest with yourself about the motive behind attending a pharmacy school and choosing pharmacy as a career. When you have a clear objective, answers come naturally to you during the interview.
The interviewers usually are experienced enough to pick students who are passionate to join their school from those who are half-hearted in their approach.
Before appearing for the interview, take some time to know about the history of the school, the recent developments that have taken place in the school and the notable alumni of the school. This helps in creating the right impression in the minds of interviewers.
There is a thin line between being confident and being over-confident. Students should try to be humble and sincere with their approach to the interview but at the same time they should put forward their accomplishments and strengths.
These were some of the tips that can help a candidate during the interview. Let's conclude by remembering Oscar Wilde who laid the emphasis on being original by saying, "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."