Research papers are a necessary part of academic curriculum. If you are pursuing higher studies or a postgraduate course, then it is highly likely that you will be required to submit a research paper as a part of your academic assignments. Even in the school and colleges, there are various projects in which the students are required to write research papers on many topics.
The problem encountered by many students while they're gearing up to prepare a research paper is that they are unable to select a suitable title that appeals to them and they are comfortable with the subject matter of the chosen title. After all, simply choosing a topic is not sufficient to write an excellent research paper, it is necessary that students must also enjoy what they do!
Tips and Ideas for Selecting Topics
- "If you always do what interests you, at least one person is pleased." Katharine Hepburn, in the previous statement, aptly reflects the importance of choosing a research paper topic that interests students. If the subject or research topic is interesting, it motivates us to work harder and perform better. During the period you are working on the research paper, following tips can be beneficial to you in completing your task.
- Check out the nearest libraries and internet facilities near your home and college. If your college is providing you with all the necessary facilities, then benefit from it.
- Don't hesitate to take the help of your seniors, professors, teachers, and friends. They can give you valuable instructions on how to write a research paper. References and sources have the ability to provide great insights into any subject.
- If the college department has provided you with a list of topics, then try to choose a topic that is related to your area of interest.
- You can travel to different places depending on the need of your topic and gather necessary information about that. Traveling can help you to get a larger picture, especially in topics related to social and political issues.
For School Students
For school going students, the topics must be such that it is related to their studies. Here, we have tried to enlist few topics on which students can research and write effective reports.
- National Zoos in The United States - San Diego Zoo, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Oakland Zoo, etc.
- Structure of Cells and Microscopes
- pH of Acids, Bases, and Soils
- History of the Periodic Table
- Facts About Chicken
- Early America
- French, American, and Russian Revolution
- Facts About Dinos
- Math Games and Puzzles
- Famous Children Books
- Solar System and Nine Planets
- Rocks and Fossil fuels
- Killer Whales and Sharks
- Facts about America
- NASA and Hubble Telescope
- Is there Water on Mars?
- Hurricanes and Weather of America
- Internet Usage By Kids
- Cartoons and Animation Movies
Psychology and Education
List of psychology research paper topics and topics in education field is diverse. Here is a short list of such topics:
- Child Abuse
- Child Labor and Child Exploitation
- Learning disabilities and Intelligence Tests
- All about Dreams
- Sex Education
- No Child Left Behind
- Distance Education
- Standardized Tests
- Literacy in America
Business and Finance
- Micro-finance and Banking
- Retail Sector
- E-commerce and Internet Marketing
- Outsourcing and International Finance
- Risk Management
- Fundamentals of Supply Chain Management
- Economic Crisis and Inflation
- Acquisitions and Mergers - A Myth or Success Story
- Homosexuality and the American Society
- Is Global Warming a Myth or a Fact?
- Internet and the Piracy World
- Ethics in Stem Cell Research
- Cloning - A Boon or Bane
- Are Genetically Modified Foods Healthy?
- Is Lottery System Good for the Economy?
- Is Over Dependence on Technology Dangerous?
- Pornography and Law
- Should Capital Punishment be Abolished?
- Should Sexual and Violent Content on the Television be Regulated?
- Should Laws for Juvenile and Adults be the Same?
- Should Cigarette Smoking be Banned at Public Places?
- Are CEOs paid too much for their works?
- Should America Cut its Defense Budget?
- Is College Education Becoming Too Competitive?
- Do Schools Kill Creativity?
- Do We Need a Health Care Reform?
- The Politics of Oil and the Middle East
- Internet and Privacy
- Illegal Immigration
- Banning Performance Enhancing Drugs from Sports
Research Topics for Arts and Literature
- Elizabethan Literature Period
- Victorian Literature and Writing Styles
- Selected Literary Works of Shakespeare
- Different Types of Themes in Novels
- Understanding Figures of Speech
- Humor and Comedy in English Literature
- Famous American Novelists
- Growth of Children's Literature in America
- Contemporary Hollywood Movies
- Various Genres in Cinema
- Italian Renaissance and its Impact on World
- Modern Literature
- Print Media and its Effectiveness in Modern World
- Advertising Ethics in the Current World
As you can see there is no dearth of topics related to research papers. Every field has thousands of topics and related titles. The idea is to narrow your search and choose topics that can be nicely crafted, researched and presented effectively.