These top universities in Texas offer programs in various fields such as business, medical, and law even. Read on to know more about them.
Top Audiology Graduate Programs
Wondering which institutes offer the top audiology graduate programs? If yes, then this article will be useful to you as we would be taking a look at some of the best audiology graduate schools besides knowing about the career opportunities in this field.
The job role of an audiologist requires him to treat patients with hearing problems. An audiologist is trained in the field of audiology and diagnoses hearing disorders in people by conducting several tests. Now that we know what is an audiologist, in brief, next step would be to know about audiologist education requirements and which institute to enrolled in to acquire them. There are some well-known schools in America which offer graduate programs to students interested in this field of medical science. So, let us get to know about the top audiology graduate programs.
Audiology Graduate Programs
There are several reputed institutes in America that offer a Doctor of Audiology (AuD) degree. The institutes offering these degrees should be accredited by the following regional accrediting bodies.
1. Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
2. New England Association of Schools and Colleges
3. North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
4. Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
5. Western Association of Schools and Colleges
6. Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
It is important that you check that the institute you are applying for has the required accreditation from these above-mentioned agencies.
Let us now take a look at the best places to study audiology in America.
1. Vanderbilt University, Nashville
2. University of Iowa, Iowa City
3. University of Washington, Seattle
4. University of Texas, Dallas
5. Washington University, St. Louis
6. University of Florida, Gainesville
7. University of Memphis, Memphis
8. University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
9. Northwestern University, Evanston
10. Purdue University, West Lafayette
11. Rush University Medical Center, Chicago
12. University of Arizona, Tucson
13. University of Kansas
14. University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
15. University of Texas, Austin
16. University of Buffalo, Buffalo
17. University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh
18. Indiana University, Bloomington
19. Arizona State University, Tempe
20. Central Michigan University, Michigan
21. Gallaudet University, Washington
22. James Madison University, Harrisonburg
23. Ohio State University, Columbus
24. University of Colorado, Boulder
25. University of South Florida, Tampa
26. University of Tennessee, Knoxville
27. Syracuse University, Syracuse
28. University of Illinois, Champaign
29. University of Nebraska, Lincoln
30. East Tennessee State University
These were the best universities to study audiology in America. The audiology programs in these universities help students develop an understanding of the hearing system in humans. The doctorate programs are usually spread over four years out of which the first three are devoted to classroom lecture and the last year is meant for gaining clinical experience. The main courses are anatomy, psychoacoustics, amplification technology, pediatric audiology, hearing disorders etc. After completing the doctorate programs, aspiring candidates can also get certified from the American-Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA).