A persuasive speech, as the name suggests, is a piece of oratory or speech meant to persuade or convince the audience to have a specific viewpoint on a specific subject. Only when the speaker is thoroughly versed in his/her subject matter, he/she will be able to convince the audience.
Providing information via a speech and persuading people to have a specific opinion about certain matter are two diverse things; and the latter is not quite easy! Therefore, the speaker should choose a topic of his interest, with which he/she can relate to and about which he/she has a lot of knowledge. Let us see some interesting topics.
Interesting Persuasive Speech Topics
- Is homeschooling really effective?
- Should exams be completely removed from the curriculum?
- What type of punishments are fair?
- Are school uniforms good or bad idea?
- Should sex education in school be made compulsory?
- Should lesbian and gay marriages be legalized?
- Is it right to have a censor board for the Internet?
- Is the current tax system fair?
- Is it right to legalize euthanasia?
- Should smoking be completely banned from public places?
- Is premarital sex proper?
- Is dieting/fad diets healthy?
- Is juvenile sentence right?
- Pros and cons of Internet dating.
- Is it essential for every student to have finance education?
- Is global warming a hoax?
- Animals should/should not be used in research.
- Organic farming should be made mandatory.
- Should fur be banned completely?
- Should people opt for vegetarianism?
- Is there life after death?
- Are vampires real?
- Is reincarnation for real?
- Existence of life on Mars
- Are ghosts real?
Miscellaneous Speech Topics
- Reading books
- Seat belt laws
- Coke vs. Pepsi
- Helmet laws
- Eating fast-food
- Drinking and driving
- Community service
- Internet dating
- Impact of movies
- Over population
- Use of fur
- Stem-cell research
- Human cloning
- Legalization of gambling/drugs
- Social security
- Health insurance
- Human organ donation
- AIDS test
- Premarital counseling
- Effects of divorce
Now, Let us see some seemingly funny persuasive speech topics for younger students. One should note that although humorous, they also convey a deeper meaning. Therefore, the speaker needs to be well versed in these subjects of speech topics.
- Who is the best superhero: Spiderman/Superman/Batman?
- Will students benefit if attendance is not mandatory?
- One of the best careers today.
- Should fast food/chocolate be banned for children?
- Life in the previous century was better.
- Can we live without cell phones/computers/gadgets?
- What am I against, why?
Lastly, remember that your persuasive speech may help in changing the mindset of the audience, hence, research well, speak confidently and you will definitely be a winner (literally and figuratively). Good luck!