There are some hard questions, the answers to which invariably lead to conflict and serious debate. Aspiring for a career in journalism or mass media requires one to face such…
Controversial Topics for Research Paper
If you are looking for some controversial topics for research paper, you have reached the right page. Take a look at 50 controversial topics and some tips on how to write them.
Current controversial topics are perhaps the best choice for your research paper as you give your opinion on a topic that has many different opinions in the first place. There are many controversial topics in the world today that you can choose from. You have to remember that writing a research paper on controversial topics is no easy task.
There are a few good controversial topics that can be written on. You have to carry out proper research on all the various aspects of that one topic. You also need to give your personal opinion about the topic and state facts for why you think that way. Hope this list of 50 controversial research paper topics helps you in producing the best research paper.
List of Topics
- Should we educate girls about teen pregnancy a little earlier than high school?
- Is mercy killing justified for any reasons whatsoever?
- Is drug abuse overestimated or underestimated?
- Is war on Iraq justified even today? Why?
- Are we ignorant towards the rise in juvenile crimes?
- Is racial discrimination really an issue for budding politicos or just another vote set?
- Are we really concerned about the increase in obesity statistics?
- Is the use of steroids justified?
- Are human rights given enough importance in the world today?
- Are prayers important in school? Why?
- What should be the limitations on gay couples parenting?
- Does rehabilitation really work permanently?
- Are the punishments for domestic violence not fair?
- Is social networking hampering reality and transferring us to a virtual world?
- Should forced child marriage be punished more severely?
- Should marijuana be legalized?
- Are we really giving enough importance to global warming?
- Do rights for women hamper those for men at times?
- Should there be awareness about adultery in sex education?
- Should punishments for child abuse be increased and made more severe?
- Is same-sex marriage now becoming a trend?
- Is human cloning justified?
- Can a woman sexually harass a man?
- Why do we talk so much about corruption but never do anything about it?
- Does single parenting hamper the emotional growth of children?
- Should gambling be allowed in cafes and restaurants?
- Is hygiene often misunderstood?
- Are people kept for domestic help in poor countries a form of slavery?
- Is size zero a need or a fascination?
- Is prostitution justified?
- Should headphones be banned on the road?
- Can there ever be a third world war?
- Is the youth today motivated?
- Should meditation and yoga be a part of school curriculum?
- How many of us truly understand the existence or non-existence of God?
- Why is prayer considered an important part of schooling?
- Are sports underestimated in early schooling?
- Is fashion commonly misunderstood as style?
- Is being materialistic in a relationship a good or a bad thing?
- In most corporations today, is quantity more important than quality?
Controversial Topics for Research Paper
- Computer Games: Boon or Bane
- Television Violence and Children
- Are Vampires Real
- Organ Donation Pros and Cons
- Is the World Going to End in 2012
- Controversial Topics in America
- Pros and Cons of the No Child Left Behind Act
- Greenhouse Effect and Global Warming
- Eating Disorders
- Zodiac Signs Changed – Hoax or Reality
Now that you know all these controversial topics for research paper, you can choose one immediately. Remember to choose the topic wisely and do justice to the entire subject. Also, keep in mind that you are dealing with controversial essay topics for research paper, so state the facts.
Since these topics are for a research paper, elaborate in depth for every fact. Prepare a questionnaire and ask people their opinions. This will show that you have actually done some research and not just stated information.