If you are looking for current controversial issues in America, for a good debate, then you are at the right place. Presented here are various interesting debatable issues.
Debate is one of the major activities undertaken in schools and colleges. A healthy debate not only enriches our mind and knowledge, but also improves our communication skills and abilities to put forth ideas and views. So if there is a debate competition or activity in your school, you must be looking for good debatable topics. Here are numerous topics along with information which will be helpful to you.
Debate Issues for Students
When looking for debate topics, one cannot avoid the current controversial topics that have led to debates. So, if you are looking for controversial issues in education or otherwise, then the following are current issues to debate for students.
- Atheism vs Christianity
- LED vs LCD monitor
- Socialism vs capitalism
- Notebook vs laptop
- Football vs soccer
- Spirituality vs religion
- Homeschooling vs public school
- Organic milk vs regular milk
- Legal separation vs divorce
- Tenants in common vs joint tenancy
- American cars vs foreign cars
- Federalists vs anti-federalists
- Dictatorship vs democracy
- Debit card vs credit card
- Infatuation vs love
- Morals vs ethics
- Big government vs small government
Debatable Issues in America
You can also take a look at the current controversial issues in America and use them as debate topics. The following is a list of such debatable topics in America that will be helpful to you.
- Random drug testing in the workplace
- Pre-employment drug testing
- Should the drinking age be lowered
- Should outsourcing be banned?
- Euthanasia debate
- Are school uniforms good or bad idea
- Cell phones for kids: pros and cons
- Global warming: Fact or fiction
- Violent video games effect on children
- Should cigarette smoking be banned
- Should smoking be banned in public places
- Debate on suicide
- Debate on illegal immigration
Some More Debate Subjects
Apart from the above mentioned ones, the following is a list of debate topics and a list of controversial issues for a healthy debate at school and colleges.
- Real alien sightings: fact or fiction?
- Should juveniles be tried as adults
- Ghosts are people without bodies: agree or disagree?
- How much is too much homework
- Are video games good for you
- Sex education for children should be compulsory.
- Pros and cons of organic farming
- Is Hinduism really a religion
- Negative and positive effects of peer pressure
- Computer and video games: the pros and cons
- Does television affect your intelligence
- Pros and cons of standardized testing
- Can you change your habits
- Emotions as blocks or lessons
- How to prevent school violence
- Does music affect plant growth
- Effects of music on the mind and brain
- Birth control methods
- Spirituality: The key to problems of our age
- Dreams: Links between real and imaginary worlds
- Existence of life on Mars
- Pros and cons of legalizing marijuana
- Global warming: fact or fiction
- Does food exert a role more than just satiating your hunger
- Are vampires real
- God: Myth or reality
- Vending machines in schools: Pros and cons
- Bilingual education pros and cons
- What is the importance of public opinion in media
- 2012 end of the world: Is the world going to end in 2012
- Media censorship: Why is censorship good
- The influence of chat rooms on teenagers
- Afterlife: Is there life after death
- Are mermaids real
- Do blind people dream
- Fame is a double edged sword
- Spiderman or Superman
- F.R.I.E.N.D.S or How I Met Your Mother
- Blonds are not dumb
I hope the list of debate subjects mentioned above was helpful to you. So, once the topic is decided, chalk down your viewpoint and get set for the debate. Good luck!