Good speech topics are those that capture the attention of the audience immediately. From the diverse range of subjects, the list in this article has been narrowed down to a few specific subjects that are interesting and thought-provoking.
Choosing good speech topics, and delivering them flawlessly, are the two things that will earn you applause from audiences. It’s important on your part to decide a topic, on which you can speak logically and rationally. From amongst a diverse range, you can restrict your choice to persuasive, argumentative, informative, and humorous subjects. Apart from the subject matter of a speech, your body language and communicative gestures count a lot. All these elements are necessary for delivering an effective speech.
Whether it is a good speech topic for college students or for high school, your talent will be proved at the moment of speaking. Once you have decided the topic, you can recite it at home to deliver it perfectly on the day. However, giving an impromptu speech requires inherent skills.
Persuasive Speech Topics
- Sex education should be imparted in school or by the parents.
- Parents should not be held responsible for the actions of their children.
- Video games violence
- Gay marriages are socially accepted.
- Outsourcing work is justified.
- Cyber-sex is akin to cheating if you’re in a relationship.
- Smoking should be banned in public places.
- Should adopted children be able to contact their biological parents?
- Cross-culture adoption
- Should political campaigning not use negative advertising?
- Violence in movies should be censored more strictly.
- Technology pros and cons
- The mystery of the Bermuda Triangle
- Existence of paranormal activities
The articles listed below shall give you additional information on the similar note.
- Great Persuasive Speech Topics
- Interesting Persuasive Speech Topics
- Persuasive Speech Topics for Kids
- Good Persuasive Speech Topics
Argumentative Speech Topics
- Why is Internet safety important?
- How dangerous is religious or any other type of fundamentalism?
- Is it justified not to allow a single male to adopt a child?
- Is the ban on smoking in public places justified?
- Should abortion be legal?
- Is euthanasia justified?
- Should rapists be punished with the death penalty?
- Artificial Intelligence is a myth or fact?
- How serious is the issue of illegal immigration?
- How real are reality shows?
- How do humans affect the environment?
- Dreams: Links between real and imaginary worlds?
- Do video games really cause bad behavior in children?
- Paternity leave: justified or not?
You can get more ideas on argumentative speech topics from the following list of articles.
- Argumentative Speech Topics
- Controversial Speech Topics
- List of Controversial Topics
- Interesting Speech Topics for Kids
Informative Speech Topics
- Social issues in today’s society
- Use of steroids in bodybuilding
- Symbolism in literature
- Procedure of cosmetic surgeries
- Extinct animals in the last 100 years
- America’s fastest growing cities
- History of human cloning
- Reasons why people should vote
- Your subconscious mind and you
- Comparison of different religions
- The three branches of U.S. government
- The seven wonders of the world
- Origins of superstitions
Check out more ideas on informative speech topics from the articles below:
Humorous Speech Topics
- Styles of laughing
- What do teachers do when they are not teaching?
- If I were the President …
- How do I fire my boss?
- The 3 biggest lies on the work floor
- How to be the perfect gentleman
- Why smart people don’t know they have the wrong ideas
- Funny computer terms and phrases
- A true story that isn’t going to be true in the end
- Chasing idle dreams is a good habit.
- My motto: I´m flexible by indecision.
- How to reach your goals with humor
- The advantages of wearing braces
- Mimicking a comic personality
You might like to browse more topics on this issue from the articles listed below
You can choose any from the aforementioned list of topics for your extracurricular at school or college. Make sure you have gathered substantial information a priori so that no issues or controversies are raised while speaking. Be clear with your opinions and views, so as to deliver your thoughts in the best manner possible.